Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Waiting

I was hoping to update everyone today but it looks like that won't happen. After getting a *3rd* faint positive this morning, I decided to call my doctor's office to have a blood test done. That is the only accurate pregnancy test, after all. Every time I call for a test, it turns into a huge fiasco. Those of you who have been following my story know that last month, they ordered the urine instead of blood test first. After straightening that out, they were supposed to have the results rushed because I was due for x-rays the next day. I didn't get my results until 2 days later, and that was only because I called their office. When I called, they couldn't even find my results; they had to call the lab. I should know better, I guess.

So this time I figure I'll ask for the one person I know is competant in the office - she no longer works there. The new girl says she needs to check with my doctor first as my doctor may want me to come in for an office test (i.e. urine test!). Last time, I was told those who answered the phones could order the tests. (I should also mention that the 1st time I was pregnant, I did an in office urine test that came back positive. My doctor told them to send me for a blood test to confirm - they sent me for a lab urine test, that actually came back negative even though a blood test 3 days later confirmed that I was pregnant...) I don't know why they keep pushing urine tests on me. They're NOT accurate! I want accuracy! My emotions have been toyed with enough in the last 6 months! Not to mention, it's such a waste of time. I already did a urine test at home - that's what an HPT is!

So anyway, now I will be stuck waiting all day for them to call back. Knowing them, I won't hear back until tonight when I'm at class. Another day wasted. It's too bad you couldn't just walk in for blood pregnancy tests... My insurance pays for them, after all.

It may be time to find a new doctor...

No comments: