Monday, October 18, 2004

On To Cautiously Expecting...

After giving Arabella her day, I am ready to look forward now. Brian and I did disagree as to when to start telling people. I have to admit that there is that cautious side of me that doesn't want to "spill the beans" and then have to take it back again. But I don't want to even let those thoughts into my head. As a friend tells me repeatedly, why write that script? So we started sharing the news with a very select group of people. My sister, of course, was one of the first to know. She found out almost immediately after my husband. Then yesterday we shared with Brian's father, mother, and sisters. I think we'll wait until this weekend for my parents, though. After that, the extended family will have to wait until Thanksgiving at the earliest, but maybe Christmas if I can hold out that long. As optimistic as I'm trying to be, I just can't bear to tell everyone again so early. Baby steps... 2 more weeks until I see the OB. All I have to do is make it to then...

2 comments:

Kether said...

I'm so glad to see you cautiously optimistic. I know how hard it is, and also how exciting. Every post you write, I feel because I remember very clearly those early days. I'm impressed with your ability to hold back telling people; I've got the biggest mouth in the world and never could have done that =)
Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way. Two weeks isn't so long to the OB (I know it feels like it is...but we'll cross those days off the calendar together).

Crista said...

Yup, take it one day at a time. That's all any of us can do. I'm glad you are ready to look forward, and I remain with fingers crossed for you! Keep us posted on everything...have you had another blood draw?