Friday, October 08, 2004

Last Update Today...I Promise!

In final news... My grandmother and mother were kind enough to inform me that one of my cousins has decided to start TTC. I don't know if they expected me to be overjoyed or what? This cousin, while she knew that I was pregnant and knew about the miscarriage, never once contacted me about my loss. This is the same cousin I used to idolize when I was a child, which is probably why I'm still so perturbed that she never even took a moment to drop me an email about it. Her parents offered their condolences. Her brother wrote the most beautiful email I received in reference to our loss. But not a peep from her. And now I'm supposed to be thrilled that she is trying, and will probably have a baby before me.

To be fair, she also has PCOS. She was the one who looked at me one day and said I look like I have it, too. (Those of you familiar with PCOS will know that having someone say that to you is not exactly a compliment.) She helped me find the right testing to confirm it. And then once I announced I was pregnant in June, I got a very brief email of congratulations and not a word since.

Yes, I'm peeved, and I feel I have a right to be. The news grandma and my mother shared with me didn't go over well. DH was irritated that I was bothered by it, but I guess he doesn't understand. So once again, I'm not discussing it around him... Guess that's one more thing for therapy.

No comments: