Friday, May 06, 2005

I Don't Exist

At least, not in Hartford Hospital's records.

Our hospital tour is next Saturday. The hospital sends a form letter confirming the "appointment" after you've been signed up. In this letter, they mentioned a form that was to be filled out by my 32nd week of pregnancy...I hit 33 weeks yesterday. I had waited to see if this was a form I would fill out at my last appointment (last Friday), but alas, no paperwork was was required of me at that appointment. So I called the hospital today to find out what this paperwork was. The woman I spoke with tried to pull up my information in the system...but alas, I was not there. I don't know what happened to the pre-admission form I filled out at my first prenatal appointment, but it never arrived at the hospital. Fortunately, I was able to give them my information over the phone and this required form will be mailed to me immediately so I can fax it back as soon as possible. Good thing I called them today! Can you imagine if I didn't and how it would have been trying to admit me in labor if they didn't have any of my information?

6 weeks and 6 days left. Or 4 weeks and 6 days (gasp, even 3 weeks and 6 days!)... Let's hope it won't be 8 weeks and 6 days. I'm starting to get extremely uncomfortable. Toting a bowling ball around in my pelvis isn't the easiest thing. And I can't even roll over in bed without help now. Once I get past 35 weeks, I'll be ready for Peep to come...and hoping s/he decides to make an early arrival. Even the financial consultant I spoke with at Hartford Hospital recommended a birth on June 19th (of course, that's because it's her birthday...but I'll take it!). I don't even care anymore that I haven't had a shower yet and we still don't have at least half of what we need. Is it June yet?

No comments: