Monday, March 26, 2007

60 Days

I think I'm getting a little scared now. 60 days? That's it? How can that possibly be? We haven't even toured the birth center yet! And yet, it's not a timeline over which I have any control. Could be 60 days, could be 50... maybe even 75. Who knows? The point is, it's coming, and fast. I better at least get some diapers to have on hand for this kid!

Maggie is still sick but doing better than she was. Very clingy. I think I've heard "mommy" about 2000 times a day lately. Her appetite is improved but she still isn't eating anywhere near as much as before. At least she's mostly happier now. I hate seeing her suffer.

My sinus infection is taking its sweet old time coming down on me. Ears still hurt, as do my sinuses, but very little activity otherwise. It could just be late pregnancy congestion, I suppose.

We ended up cutting ties with Maggie's naturopath and chiropractor. I never felt right about them from the start. And while I do have an open mind, I don't like the round-about way of dealing with potential allergies that we've been doing. I will have her pediatrician order the allergy blood tests and we'll go from there. I also have to do what's sustainable for us.... and making everything from scratch is not sustainable. Especially when there will soon be another little one in the house. I'm glad we gave it a chance, but I think that for now, we're just not ready for the unconventional in this house, not entirely anyway.

ETA: I decided to add a belly shot! I haven't taken one in nearly 11 weeks now so I was sorely overdue. Here we are, 31 weeks 3 days and counting....

No comments: