Friday, March 16, 2007

Hey, Look At That!

I went a day without posting! I must be feeling a little better!

Actually, yesterday was another toddler-trying day. At least now that hubby has seen what a maniac she can be in stores for himself, he understands a little better why I don't really like taking her with me on errands. Yesterday I HAD to go to the post office...and that was the only place I went. It wasn't worth the stress.

I did bring her to my former employer today, though. I used to work for the local municipality and every year on St. Patrick's Day (or closest work day to it), they have a celebration with a Mayor for the Day, Irish dancers from the local Irish Dancing School, and refreshments. I always loved watching the Irish dancers on my morning break and thought Maggie would enjoy watching them (plus I'm hoping to enroll her in Irish dancing classes eventually). Well, the schedule online was off by an hour and we got there WAY too early. It was tons of fun occupying her during that hour, let me tell you! But she held out, and we did get to watch a little of the girls dancing, plus visit some of my former co-workers. She ended up going down for an early nap so all that running around in the auditorium before the performance must have helped her burn off some extra energy.

2 days ago, it was 73 degrees and sunny. Today, it's 29 degrees or so and snowing. We're expecting about 8" of the white powdery stuff. Nothing like winter going out with a bang, especially since we received so little snow this season. I don't think we've had a single storm that dumped this much on us, as a matter of fact. What a shame... I was looking forward to spring.

1 comment:

Crista said...

Happy Spring! It's much colder than I'd like it to be today, but at least the sun is shining, right?

Here's hoping that the last few days without a post mean that you are feeling much better and it's been a better week...thinking of you...