Monday, October 17, 2005

Tons of Fun

You know, things were just fine before cereal and reducing formula. Margaret went to bed 99.999% of the time without hassles and slept through the night. Now, all hell has broken lose. Last night was a real trial in patience when it came to bedtime. And then she woke up at 3AM, requiring over an hour of soothing to go back to bed. Tonight is even worse. I worried that maybe I tried to put her down too early last night, so we figured we'd start at 8:15PM or so. Except Brian chose to hear what he wanted to hear and just put Margaret in her crib after changing her diaper without even giving her a chance to get used to the idea. No transition, just plopped her into the crib. This sent her into a frenzy of crying that continues even as I type. It drives me nuts that we could have avoided this entirely if he wasn't so careless. And that he insists upon taking care of her, even though he's not doing a thing that would be considered calming. I'm exhausted as it is...I got a grand total of 4 hours of sleep last night, at best. But being forced to listen to screaming that I can do nothing about, even though it might have been avoided, is really pushing my buttons right now. After several attempts to get Margaret from Brian so I could try to soothe her, he banished me to the bedroom, which is a whopping 10 feet from the living room. Screams readily permeate the walls. It breaks my heart and drives me crazy all at the same time. Yup, tons of fun around here tonight. Waking up at 3AM again would really be the icing on the cake right now.....

Damn doctor's suggestions....

No comments: