Saturday, January 19, 2008

My Love-Hate Relationship With Food

Part of taking care of myself involves being more conscious of what I'm putting into my body. You can't expect high performance off of empty calories and junk. But I hate tracking food. It takes all the fun out of it. And to me, food (for most of my life) has been simply about enjoying the taste of it. That's why we have taste buds, isn't it?

On the other hand, when you're trying to lose weight, food takes on a whole new meaning. What's "good" and "bad"? What's "healthy" and "unhealthy"? It's a dichotomy that drives me nuts. Low fat, low sodium, low sugar....low fun.

I don't want my children to have the problems I do with food, though. I look to it for comfort when I should be looking elsewhere.

In any case, so now that I'm tracking food again, I don't even feel like eating. Which is worse. Can't I just fast-forward over the hard part and get to the part where I'm losing weight? Ugh...

No comments: