Friday, January 04, 2008

Absent...

...but missing you.

Crazy crazy times here. Time flies, too. It's funny how one day can feel like an eternity, yet before you know it, weeks have flown by.

Ethan is now 7 months old. He started crawling proficiently during Thanksgiving weekend. He's been cruising for about a month now. He even tries to stand on his own already. I'm scared. Really. He babbles. I swear he said, "I pooped" the other day. I wasn't the only one who heard it, too. Great first words, eh? But mostly, he's getting to the point where Maggie feels he's a great playmate.

Mags (as she prefers to be called these days) is growing into quite the precocious little lady. She's inquisitive and sharp. She's working on singing the ABC song (with only some errors, though she has the tune right). She loves to count... "1, 2, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10!" LOL. Refusing to use the potty though. At 2.5 years old, I figured she would have been out of diapers by now - but she has no interest in leaving them behind. Eventually, right?

I'm now working part time a couple of nights a week at a local ski area. Yeah, I'm outside for 5 hours at a time but it's all good. Gets me out into the real world for a little while and I get to ski free at night, too. Which I have been doing, 1-2 nights a week. So glad to have skiing back in my life. Clears my mind and centers me so I can take on the next day a little refreshed and renewed, in spite of the continual lack of sleep.

No comments: