Monday, November 28, 2005

Hug Your Little One Every Day

Who knows how much time we have on this earth... Hug your little one every day. After going through a long illness with Margaret, and finally seeing her happy face for more than a day or two, I've really begun to appreciate good health. And of course, show how grateful I am for her with lots of hugs and kisses every day. The housework can wait. Sharing your love cannot.

I know it's common sense... but we do manage to get caught up in the day to day junk and it's easy to inadvertantly cut back on affection. Don't! Both of you will be grateful and better people if you share that love.

Yes, I'm being sappy. I think my crummy reunion made me refocus my energies and appreciate more the things in life that really are important. I spent most of yesterday just cuddling with Margaret, showering her in kisses. And this evening, after work and her nap, I enjoyed getting drooled all over while we spent our quality time together. (Well, the drool not so much, but the fact that I had her with me made up for it.) I'm feeling again like I did before I went back to work and I don't want that feeling to go away again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nothing from you in over a week. Hope it's just because you're busy loving on that adorable baby and that all is well.