Monday, November 07, 2005

Things That Make You Sigh

(SIGH) We have a sick baby again. Well, she never really got over her stuffy nose and cough, but it's gotten worse in the last 24 hours. It's a good thing she's going to the doctor tomorrow. Even daycare told me she was cranky all day, which she never is cranky there. When I got her home, it was the screaming fits all over again. I gave her some infant Advil and PediaSure and now she's conked out resting. I don't know what she could have that would get worse like that, especially after she had been on antibiotics for 10 days. But it's certainly making her miserable again.

In the general fashion of "when it rains, it pours," we're having landlord issues again. For the most part, we never hear from him. I haven't even ever met him; I haven't a clue what the guy looks like. I like it that way. Last December, he gave us a hard time about the garage - the garage that our lease says we have full use of. He tried to force us to let the 2nd floor tenant park his ATV in there (an ATV that was, at least according to the lease that I wrote and they were under originally, banned from the premises). He tried to tell us that we didn't, and even when Brian explained that there wasn't any room anyway, he insisted upon coming out to see for himself. In the meantime, I talked with our attorney about. He agreed with me in that the lease said we have the entire use of the garage; we do not have to share it. Oddly, we never heard from the landlord again about that issue... I don't know if he spoke with his own attorney or what. But he didn't bring it up again. Then the renovations started several weeks ago. I can't stay home during the day because they've been working on gutting the hallway. There's plaster dust everywhere (including all over my vacuum, which was stored in the stairway to the basement - an area where they weren't supposed to be working). I can't even do laundry necessarily when I want to because the accessway is through the hallway that's being renovated. Now, on top of that disruption, we got a call today from the landlord that he wants us to leave the garage unlocked because they're painting the doors to the garage and he wants to store the sheetrock in there while they work on the hallway. I really didn't want to revisit this, especially now. So Brian called him back and explained to him that there isn't any room in the garage for the sheetrock. Apparently, that pissed the landlord off because he got all huffy and hung up on Brian. I have a horrible feeling about this... And the timing couldn't be worse. With Margaret being sick, and me in a sleep-deprived state (as she's still not back to sleeping fully through the night) the last thing I need to worry about is a battle of the minds with the landlord. And I really can't afford to move right now. (Not to mention I can't even fathom having to deal with that... I can't even manage to keep up with the dishes lately! I don't want to have to move, even if I'm not happy here.)

(SIGH)

2 comments:

Christine said...

(((Hugs)))

Hope things settle down soon. And poor Maggie. Please let us know what the doctor says.

Kether said...

I'm so sorry Carrie.

I hope the sleep issues, ear infection, etc. resolve so that you can get some rest so that you're prepared to deal with the rest of your stressful life.