Monday, November 21, 2005

Negligent in my blogger duties!

I've been so terrible about updating lately... There's just no time!

In any case, I ended up going home sick from work on Thursday, November 17th. I went straight to the walk-in clinic, sure that I had a sinus infection. My head felt ready to explode and I was having so much pain behind my eyes, my ears hurt, my brain was all fuzzy, and I couldn't concentrate on anything. Normally, I wait out sinus infections. But they usually don't go entirely to my head like that. It was painful and somewhat scary. In any case, they put me on amoxicillin. Brian thought that was funny. He pointed out to Margaret that Mommy doesn't spit out her amoxicillin.

Margaret is mostly back to herself. She did sleep through the night...for about 3 nights. Today it was back to waking at 3:30AM, though. I wonder why she chooses that time? Even when I was pregnant, she tended to wake me around then... She was asleep again before 4AM, but I probably only managed an additional 15-20 minutes of sleep. No wonder why I'm sick all the time lately.

Which brings me to a little vent. No flu shot for me this year. My winters had gotten so much healthier once I started getting the flu shot. And I have asthma, so I'm high risk anyway. The problem: neither my primary care provider nor my allergist offer flu shots. The first year I got one was at a clinic at a local grocery store. This year, they canceled all their clinics. The second year was when I was pregnant, so my OB's office gave it to me. I called them this year and they told me they were only giving it to high risk patients. I told them I have asthma and therefore am high risk, plus I have a 5 month old in the house. They then backtracked and said it's only for their OB patients. I tried that I was an OB patient not too long ago, but she wouldn't budge. Bugger. The clinics that are left are all during my work day. I can leave work for a doctor's appointment, but not a clinic. So I guess I'll have to live without it this winter... And hope that nothing happens between now and when Margaret gets her flu shot next month.

Can you believe there's only about a month left until Christmas? People have started pestering us with what we want for Christmas. Really, we don't need any *things*. But a few extra hours of sleep would be nice.

2 comments:

Christine said...

((Hugs)) I've been thinking about you. I hope that you feel better soon.

I'm having the same problem finding a flu shot. My OB is my PCP, but he doesn't have any. Ugh.

Speckledpup said...

i hear ya.
I don't need anything, don't really want anything.
And most of the people I have to buy for are the same way.
But can we agree to not buy presents? HELL NO! gasp, how could I even think that?