Monday, August 30, 2004

Why???

Why is it that you can exercise just about every day but not lose an ounce? I've been maintaining about the same weight for months now, but kicked it up a notch during the last week and exercised all but one day. Kayaking last Monday, hiking last Tuesday, walking Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, and hiking Sunday... yet I didn't lose an ounce! So why is it my weight has been pretty much the same without all of this exercise? It doesn't make any sense...

Sorry for the rant. I'm trying to get back on track here and I finally bought a scale after not owning one for years because I get obsessed with them. I'm still obsessed, apparently, but since Mondays are the weigh in day for a group I belong to, I had to weigh myself today. It was the same as it was a week and a half ago at the doctor's office. I just don't understand...

3 comments:

Mystery Wolf said...

Maybe you burned out some fat but gained back the weight by gaining muscles from your (quite) rigourous exercise plan. Sorry, just surfing blogs, don't mind me...

Milamber said...

Just surfing blogs too, but I just wanted to let you know I have the same problem. I'm a bitover-weight and have been exercising and at the same time eating more healthy food for over a year and a half now. And all I lost was 3 kilograms... Sometimes I'm wondering why I'm keeping it up, when it doesn't give any results. Because when I wasn't exercising and eating whatever I wanted I was only 3 kilograms heavier... *sigh*

Jess said...

It's true that you can exercise vigorously but lose no weight--at least in the short term. If you didn't change your diet in the same time, then you probably did turn fat into muscle. In any event, all that exercise is good for you, so don't worry too much about the weight!