Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Biding My Time

We spoke with my father on Sunday and it looks like this is a go. He's already talking about getting the floors done (the carpet will be ripped up, hardwood floors will go down). He estimates our move-in date as October 1st. That's one month later than I had hoped, but getting any date out of him makes me feel more secure that this will happen. I've already started the countdown... 65 days until I can put in my 2 weeks' notice at work. I'm thrilled!

BTW, today is the 1 year anniversary of when my father died. Fortunately, they revived him and he has recovered well from his heart attack. It's freaky to think that in just one hour, at that time last year, I was on my way to the hospital not knowing what to expect. I'm grateful he's still alive.

I'm also looking for suggestions. I'm now considering being a home consultant/home demonstrator once I become a SAHM. But I'm not sure which company to go with. I need something that will give me a steady income of at least $150/week, after taxes (preferably, $200/week). I have a friend who is a Tastefully Simple consultant and, of course, she highly recommends going with them. The advantage is that if someone wants a party on a day I won't do it (Sundays) I can refer them to her. But I'm afraid to be around food. Gourmet food, no less, which means lots of calories and fat. I don't wear make-up, so Mary Kay and Avon would be very awkward for me. I'm just not a high maintenance chick. Anyway, any advice? Suggestions?

4 comments:

Summer Girl said...

I know absolutely nothing about this company other than it is about 6 months old and is supposed to be wonderful for moms because there isn't a weekly quota like there is with Pampered Chef or Stampin Up. You might want to check into it. It is the Butterfly Boutique. There isn't much on the web yet- except contact info- because it is so new. This company sells accessories like scarves, jewelry and home decor. I hear it is pretty reasonably priced as well. I was supposed to go to a party last night but I didn't make it. I'm supposed to be getting a catalog in the mail. If your interested, I'll let you know more! Good luck!

Allison said...

Carrie, I would highly recommend checking out Arbonne International. They do sell make-up but it is really geared more towards botanicals products. There is a weight loss line, multi-vitamin, massage oils, lotions, many different lines for cleansers (even one for men that my DH LOVES!). I haven't gotten too involved personally because it is my "second" job but I know many women who work very little for quite a lot! Look up a consultant in your area and pick their brain....you won't regret it.

allison

Summer Girl said...

OK... I got the Butterfly Boutique catalog yesterday. It is a lot of jewelry and accessories like handbags. The prices are "reasonable" but the most bang for the buck is for the hostesses. It appears they get a lot! It is less expensive than the other jewelry at home company- I forget the name. There are scarves and stuff too. I liked the merchandise.... just my two cents!

Kether said...

Jennifer over at THree Shades of Blue was going to do a children's book one, I think. or knows someone who does a book one or something...you might drop by and ask her. Also you could consider Creative Memories for scrapbooking.

PS this is so exciting!