Monday, September 21, 2009

Everyday Stress

How is it kids know exactly how to push your buttons? Today Mags peed her pants yet again while playing outside with the kids upstairs. While I had her in the bathroom stripping her down, the kid upstairs opened the door and let Ethan in, almost letting Becky out. I shooed Ethan back out and told the boy that Mags was busy. Well, I'm a little behind on laundry right now so I had to go down to the basement to do some after this incident. Mags was in undies only and I told her she had to stay in. I return upstairs to find her outside on the porch. I wrangle her in and the next thing I know, the mom upstairs is at the door with my dog, and Ethan is out by the road. All hell has broken loose. I get the dog and kiddo inside...fold laundry and dare to use the bathroom. While I'm in the bathroom, Ethan takes the pen I was using for homework notes and writes all over my laptop monitor. GRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

I'm physically and mentally exhausted right now. I cannot believe how much tension there is in my neck, shoulders, and back. And all I want to do is go to sleep. I'm surprised the neighbor didn't call the authorities on me after today's adventures, especially since I lost my cool and yelled a bit, too. She's into attachment parenting so we don't mesh all that well these days (I believe her kids still sleep in her bed at 4 and 2 years old, for example). SIGH. And I have to get homework done because tomorrow I will miss out on a few hours of homework time to see the doctor about an ongoing female health issue I've been having.

Is it Saturday yet? I need a break.

1 comment:

Christine L said...

Kids are experts at finding just the right moment and just the right thing to do to drive us absolutely crazy! Hang in there. Perhaps someday you'll look back on this and laugh?