Sunday, September 20, 2009

I'm A Rock Star

Last night my mom had a party for my sister's 28th birthday. Big turkey dinner, excellent cake, followed by Rock Band--Beatles and regular versions. It's dorky but I had a good time. Drank a couple beers, tried a new drink with some really old whiskey that tasted like butt (my dad has had it since he got married 33 years ago and it was a 10-year-old whiskey at the time--it did not age well), played the drums, and sang. Good decompression.

I think some of the forum issues have been cleared up. A few of my friends stepped forward and tried to clarify their behavior/what was going on. I'm still not entirely sure who to trust but at least the lines of communication are open. In retrospect, I likely over-reacted to the situation because I was already feeling down. I apologized.

Today is beautiful but chilly. Waiting for Brian to get back from his bike ride so I can work on homework. Yay. Not so much. Ever read D.H. Lawrence's Women in Love? It's difficult to wade through yet quite interesting if you give it a chance. Some very relevant quotes for today. Also shows how passionate women can get about love and men--in good and bad ways. I have 135 pages more to read for tomorrow and that's just the first half! Another 250 pages for next week...

No comments: