Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Lack of Motivation

So while I managed to get my online life in order today, my real life is, sadly, completely out of it. I have no desire to wash dishes or fold laundry. I don't even want to think about dinner. And homework? Haven't cracked a book all day. Ugh. I suppose we all need days where we let ourselves slide a bit but I've been having a week of them--not good! Where did my motivation go?

Sadly, I will miss the most exciting part of the day. While I'm at class tonight, Brian will be taking the kids to go pickup a climber-slide combo thing that I found on craigslist for $25. Hopefully this will get them to stop climbing in the burning bush, which is likely to be permanently scarred by their adventures. It's not big or fancy but I'm sure they'll love it.

And that's my life... tonight is World Religions, which is a really interesting course. It's viewed from the anthropological stance rather than the typical philosophical. LOVE this class. Actually, I can't say I hate any of them this semester. My English professor is a little snooty (she loves to tell us how she could never pass for working class and about all the debutante balls she had to attend as a teenager) but she has some interesting views. She seems somewhat open-minded as far as papers go so that should be okay in the end. My American Studies professor must be toking it before class--the dude is way too mellow and disorganized. But hey, he's happy. We don't have a clue what he wants us to do (he's never even told us how he'll be grading the class, if there will be exams, nada!) but we keep showing up.

Balance.... where oh where are you?

No comments: