Thursday, February 22, 2007

Still Waiting

I heard from the midwives' office today but there really wasn't any further news. They tried once again to get our insurance to pay - and were told, once again, that they will not pay for the childbirth center's fees. They keep blaming it on hubby's employer's plan, but there is nothing in the paperwork we received that says birth centers are not eligible for benefits. Now I'm waiting on clarification of what our balance will be ($2000 or $2400). They did say we're not expected to pay before Sprout's birth, which is fortunate since that's only about 13 weeks away. I was told that they will do whatever they can to work with us since they would hate for this to force us into the hospital. That means a lot to me right now.

Business is taking off. 2 parties this week, 2 parties next week, 2 bookings last night, and some more bookings that should come off of my sister's party next Saturday. The season change on March 1st has been keeping me busy getting in touch with clients about ordering before their favorites are gone, or trying to stir up interest in the new stuff coming out. I'm also working on recruiting since I will be taking a bit of a hiatus once Sprout comes and I need to ensure some sort of income coming in. Any takers? Just kidding...

Maggie is continuing with no naps. In fact, now she teases me. Comes over to me clutching her blanket and baby doll, saying "Mommy, night-night" and then coaxes me to follow her into her bedroom. She gets up on her bed, pats the mattress next to her: "Mommy, night-night" ... and as soon as I lie down with her, she laughs, gets up, and runs away. Great. She got me 4 times on Tuesday, and twice yesterday. And if she isn't doing that, she's at my bedroom door begging to go sleep in my bed... only to ransack my room. I had no idea children could be so manipulative at 20 months of age. She certainly knows how to push my buttons...

Funny thing about where I used to work... My sister applied for the job opening and since it's a municipal job, she had to take a test before they would even consider interviewing her. She went to the test Tuesday (as one of about 74 candidates) and was told there are now 2 positions open in that office. Very interesting. So that's 3 vacancies in 2 months' time. I wonder when Personnel will realize that the work environment in that office is the pits? The only reason why I advised my sister to go for it (when she called me asking about the job, after seeing it in the Classifieds) was that I knew 2 people were retiring in another department later this year and I figured she could get her foot in the door now and have a better shot at one of those positions. I will have to do some investigating and find out who left now... But I can't help giggling when I think about it. :) Justice? You bet!

No comments: