Thursday, January 11, 2007

So Much Going On!

I swear, I'm busier now than I was when I worked full time outside the house! Geez!

I did have a party my last day of work. I guess I'll always wonder if it was the result of my co-worker's nosing around. Not even everyone who works there heard about it, so it sounds like a last minute plan to me. Regardless, they let me party from 10AM until the end of the day (12:30PM) so at least I had an easy last day. I've already received my payout for accumulated sick/vacation time and am waiting on the finance board to okay the dispersal of my pension funds (the only way I can afford to stay home). It's done, it's over, and I'm glad I don't have to go there anymore!!!!

But we went out with a bang. We've been sick. Maggie had the puking bug over the weekend, and I have a killer head cold that won't quit. My head keeps getting clogged with snot. Yuck! So I've been pretty tired because of that.

Friday was 20 weeks and my big ultrasound. We weren't supposed to find out the gender, but once again, I was given a picture that basically reveals the gender if you know what to look for. Brian still doesn't know and I'm busting at the seams trying to keep from telling him. Regardless, I've been sworn to secrecy since we weren't supposed to know. Sorry, I can't tell you! But you can look at the pictures.






I can tell one thing. Apparently I'm growing a pirate baby. Perhaps the Jolly Roger.

Let's see... busy week. Monday actually wasn't bad. Tuesday Maggie had an appointment with a naturopath to see what we could do about her chronic fluid in her ears. She will be seeing the naturopath again next Thursday for dietary recommendations and the chiropractor in the practice next Monday for her initial consultation, as she has a vertebrae out of place in her neck which could be causing the ear issues. Wednesday I had my midwife appointment. Pretty uneventful. I met the 3rd of the 3 midwives and we basically just chatted and listened to the heartbeat. 150s. :) My next appointment is in 4 weeks. Today I had my first playgroup! Well, it was actually a mamas group for mamas in the area who are into Natural/Attachment Parenting and are also depressed. Nice combo, eh? In any case, it was nice to be around women my age with kids, for once in my life - and ones who understand where I'm coming from! I did have to drive 1 hour one way, but it's worth it. I'm going to try my best to stick to going to the meetings once a month. Tomorrow I have a TS party. Saturday we have swim lessons in the morning and my grandmother's birthday party in the evening. Sunday we have my MIL's boyfriend's birthday party in the evening. When will I actually SAH????

BTW, I'm poor now so take pity on me. ;) I've never had to budget for groceries before in my life... never had to plan meals... and you know what? This sucks! Especially when you're trying to eat a *healthy* diet. It's one thing to budget and be okay with eating Ramen. It's another when you try to cut out all artificial flavorings/colorings/preservatives and eat as much organic as possible. Guess I need to get my butt in gear with my business!!!!!

No comments: