Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Motivation...and Lack Thereof...

Losing steam already in the Quarter Marathon training. I signed up yesterday for a 5K on the Saturday after Thanksgiving to keep me going. Knowing I have to run 3.1 miles in a month and a half will keep me honest--I hope!

School is a whole other problem. I fell behind while sick 2 weeks ago and I am still not caught up. And the worst part is, I don't feel like catching up. I'm tired!!! All I want to do is take a nap or something. And when I do sit down to do homework, the kids constantly interrupt me. It's terribly frustrating.

That said, I know which classes I'll be taking next semester. Interesting schedule in that I will only have 1 night class; the rest are mid-day or evening. So I guess we'll see if being home at night will help any in completing homework assignments (though I've heard the kids have been terrible at bedtime this semester so that doesn't bode well!). I will be taking the following:

Monday/Wednesday 5PM-6:15PM ~ Elementary Discrete Mathematics
Monday 6:30PM-9PM ~ Social Anthropology
Tuesday/Thursday 11:15AM-12:30PM ~ Intro to Literary Studies
Tuesday/Thursday 2PM-3:15PM ~ Advanced Study English: Gothic & Romantic Literature

What's funny about the English classes is that last year, Intro to Literary Studies was added as a requirement for the English degree, and I'll be taking it after already completing 6 upper-level English courses. Add to that the Advanced Study from the other end of the spectrum and it's slightly comical.

Not looking forward to the math course. I have not taken math since junior year of high school--this may not go well. But I need another quantitative course so there it is.

Luckily, my youngest brother will be watching the kids while I'm at school. He's not the most responsible person but we know him, the kids love him, and he's even refusing payment. :)

After the spring semester, that leaves me with 2 Literary courses from before 1800, a European history, a Medieval/Ancient history, and a U.S. History survey course (this being a teaching requirement, not degree requirement). Rounded out with 3 electives and I'll be done for May 2011! Almost there!

No comments: