Monday, October 12, 2009

At Least I Got Out Of Bed...

With a cold that started at the end of the week and a lack of training between the cold that hit in late August and a lack of time once school resumed, I really was not ready to run the Bristol Mum-a-Thon 2-mile race yesterday. I contemplated staying in bed where it was nice and warm (versus getting up, with no heat in the house, to get dressed and face the 34ish degree temps outside). In the end, a combination of guilt from watching the Hartford Marathon the previous day and determination to not let this all get me down won. I got out of bed and went to the race, knowing I would not do well.

My sister-in-law joined me. It helped that she didn't really train for the race either--in fact, she is not a runner and hates exercise! We weren't able to train together because she lives 45 minutes away but I'm glad she did the race with me!

Here's right before the start (Brian and the kids are off to the right):


Going up that first stretch of about 1/2 downhill and 1/2 uphill (my sister-in-law and I are in the middle of the photo-I'm in hot pink and black):


Coming in to the finish line:






Final results:
112/122~(23/23 in my age division)~26:18~13:09 pace

Not great...but at least I got out of bed!

This is the map of the course:


Photos are from: http://bristolct.net/slideshows/slideshow.asp?s=1&c=296&Year=2009

1 comment:

~Tanya~ said...

You did great; give yourself more credit girl!