Friday, March 28, 2008

Knee Injury De-Mystified

I ended up having to go for an MRI last week to find out what was wrong with my knee. The diagnosis? Fluid behind the knee, bruised bones, and a partially torn ACL. The orthopedist was quite surprised by the tear. Since I'm not a 16 year old athlete (seriously, he mentioned that) and it's partially torn, we've decided to go with physical therapy instead of surgery. Therapy started on Wednesday. I can't believe how weak my knee has become in the 6 weeks since the injury. Still, I'm relieved to know it's not a full tear. On to recovery!!!

1 comment:

Amber said...

I just found your blog again (I used to read all the time when we were both pregnant at the same time) and I'm sorry to hear about your knee! I can't imagine chasing after 2 little ones with any kind of injury. Good luck!