Friday, March 03, 2006

Still Alive!

Just amazingly busy!

Antigua was unbelievable! I never understood before why anyone would want to go to a hot place and hang out at the beach. The problem is, my experience was with the crowded public beaches in New England, where there's barely any breathing room, the water's probably not too clean, and the sand is pretty rocky. You feel like herded cattle at the beaches here. Even though the beach was public where we stayed in Antigua, it was totally different. Cool breeze to make sure you didn't get too hot in the 80 degree heat. No crowds. Nice sunshades with chairs. Beautiful turqoise water and white soft, sandy beaches. It was pure bliss! I think Brian has lost me as a skiing partner... all I can think of is when we can escape again to another Caribbean destination.

This was us on the beach in front of Sandals after my SIL's wedding (don't get me started on Sandals, though!!):
picture 1

Maggie on the beach at sunset:
picture 2

Maggie after she feasted on the sand (yuck! And she just kept doing it!):
picture 3

And me, snorkeling:
picture 4

Since our return, Maggie and I have both been sick. Her cough is back, and I have another sinus infection. UGH! When will it end?

So the most exciting thing to happen lately is that my tax refund came today so I was able to order my new vacuum: a Dyson DC15 Total Clean. When the landlord had work done on the hallway, the workers ruined my other vacuum. I've been stuck with a Swiffer Sweep and Vac ever since (which, sadly, actually does a better job than my old vac anyway on the hard floors we have). I'm hoping the Dyson will live up to its hype.

3 comments:

Crista said...

Yay, an update! Glad you had a great time away. Sorry to hear the sickness has returned, though. Hopefully Spring will be here soon.

Definitely let us know what you think of the Dyson. They are supposed to rock!

Unknown said...

So glad you had a good trip! Welcome back!! Can't wait to hear what you think of the Dyson. I've been wanting to get the animal one forever.

Renee said...

The beach looks beautiful . . oh, to be there now. Y'all are pretty cute yourselves! Glad to hear y'all had a good time.