Saturday, February 11, 2006

It's All Falling Apart

Call me selfish, but this is the last thing I needed right now. Brian and I still are having issues, due to his total lack of understanding of where I'm coming from... And now, a group of my friends (sistas, if you will) has basically fallen entirely apart. I'm just not at my full mental capacity to be dealing with this right now... I guess I'm an awful friend, on top of everything else.

Yesterday, my mom watched Margaret for the first time so I could go to the Walk-In clinic. It turns out that I have a sinus infection. I asked if she would put me on the Z-pack (5 pills over 5 days instead of the usual 20 pills over 10 days) and she offered me one better than that. I ended up taking this "new" Zithromax antibiotic that is one dose. You drink a bottle of this stuff (and it has to be consumed practically immediately from when the pharmacist mixes it) and that's it...no worries about any more doses over the course of the infection. Yes, it was chalky and nasty tasting. But at least I won't be forgetting any pills. She also put me on Advair, however, because of my asthma. That I have to do twice a day for a month... Won't be easy to remember, but I better do it. I'm prone to bronchitis and the last thing I need right now is for my sinus infection to turn into that.

Today, Margaret spent the morning with my MIL so I could go get waxed. You read that right. MIL and my SsIL gave me a spa gift certificate for my birthday in October. I originally inteded to use this for a massage, but once I learned we were going to Antigua, I changed my mind and figured I'd get a half leg and bikini wax. Why bother with shaving if I don't need to, right? YEOUCH! Nothing like having your short curlies yanked out from such a delicate and sensitive area. And for some reason, one leg hurt more than the other (and no, it wasn't the first leg!). One hour later, she was done.

I don't think I'll ever do that again. Waxing the eyebrows is about as much pain as I'll submit myself to regularly. But it was interesting. And oddly, therapeutic. I couldn't think about anything else but what was going on right then and there. Very Zen, living in the moment like that. And physical pain can sometimes make me externalize my internal (mental) pain. Sort of like when I got my tattoo after my miscarriage.

Upon my return, I learned that Margaret was a happy and curious babe while I was gone. But what does she do? Practially immediately from when we arrived back at home, the crankiness returned. ((SIGH)) I'm having such a hard time handling that right now... And Brian wasn't all that understanding. I ended up leaving her in his care and going for a drive for a couple hours. I needed to clear my head.

I hope things will improve soon... It can't keep getting worse, can it?

3 comments:

Crista said...

Ugh, sorry Carrie. I have read that babies often let it all out when momma returns to them, and I have to say I've always done the same (still do sometimes) with my mom -- it's like when I see her or talk to her when I'm upset, I can't hold the tears back. It's because you're her haven, though I realize that doesn't make it any easier. I really and truly hope things improve soon. Glad the waxing was therapeutic if nothing else. I can hardly imagine...youch!

Christine said...

You are very brave to get a waxing there. I couldn't do it! Although, I think that might clear out my sinuses with all the screaming!

I'm sorry that you aren't feeling well. I hope the new stuff works wonders for your sinuses.

Thinking of you ((Hugs))

Kether said...

Also thinking of you. I don't know if I could wax there either.

I think crista may be right about why Margaret cries when you have her.
I'm hoping you and Brian can find a middle ground soon. You really need strength in your partnership, when there are other stressors around you.