Sunday, February 24, 2008

Damn

Knee, that is. Sprained it last Friday while skiing. That's what I get for waxing my skis and going too fast in a tricky situation just to get out of it quicker. Still, it sucks. Ski season only has about a month left around here (and probably half of that will be "spring skiing") so this is a real crappy time to be out of commission. 4 weeks until our Mad River Glen trip, too. But the orthopedist assured me that I should be healed up within a couple of weeks and good to go for the trip. It just sucks in the meantime.

At least I wasn't at work for the last week facing the temptation. Last night I returned and it was bittersweet. Nice to get out of the house again, but my knee killed all night long and it was sad to see everyone else having so much fun on the slopes. I had some crazy idea initially that I would load up on ibuprofen today and go for the demo day... HA! Not going to happen! If I couldn't handle 4 hrs of mostly standing and little movements, there's no way I could give any ski a proper tryout today. Poop!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I wish I still had my original blog from 2004. I wish I hadn't deleted it.

I'm adding your link if it's ok

Carrie said...

Me, too. :( Sometimes I was tempted to delete mine, but I keep it as a reminder... it's like my journal.

Please, do add my link!