Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Sickness Invades Our Home

I know I'm next. I just know it. Maggie and Ethan came down with a cold over the weekend and it's creeping into Brian. I know I'm next. And I'm terrified of having to care for an infant and toddler with a cold. I can hardly manage myself when ill - I have no idea how I'll deal with an infant who wants to nurse every hour and a toddler who screams demands at me all day long. And yet, I can tell it's coming. Even if I didn't feel it, it would only be a matter of time. One cannot remain healthy on only 4-5 hours of sleep at night, every night.

Sleep is getting better though. Ethan and I are mostly sleeping through most feedings. Co-sleeping has been a huge help there. Without having to get out of bed or even sit upright, it only takes a few seconds to get things going and then we both end up zonking back out fairly quickly. Yay for co-sleeping!

Ethan is growing by leaps and bounds! He's now consistently turning over from belly to back. He's doing some sort of weird army crawl where he gets up on his toes, buries his head down, and pushes himself forward. He's getting around well like this, though he can't see where he's headed. Last night he was cruising around the bed like this. I didn't know if I should laugh for the comical way he does it, or cry that he's now mobile. He can't even sit on his own, yet he's trying to get around by himself. Where has the time gone?

By the way, notice anything different? I grew weary of my old title for my blog. I can't seem to settle on a new one, though. Everything I think of has already been used. So it may change a bit until I decide upon a new name...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hope you can avoid the sickies!