Friday, June 15, 2007

Complications

Just when I thought it was too hard, it got harder.

Monday I fell down the outside steps to our porch. I had Ethan on my front in a ring sling and my left ankle gave out. So as not to land on Ethan, I twisted and ended up breaking the 5th metatarsal on my foot. I was in denial though. Even though it hurt like hell, I didn't do anything about it Monday other than try to ice it and keep it elevated. Tuesday morning it still hurt so I agreed to go the ER. I was not happy with the results.

So now I have a special boot I have to wear (they would have casted it but I told them I couldn't stay off my foot), I'm supposed to use crutches (not an easy task in a small apartment and while chasing a 2 year old or caring for a newborn), and I was told it would be 3-5 months before it will heal completely. Great. Just Great.

At least I didn't fall on Ethan.

So tomorrow is my baby girl's 2nd birthday. And instead of taking her to a local farm like I planned, I'll probably be sitting home with Ethan while hubby celebrates with her. As well as many other things I'll miss out on this summer because of this stupid fracture. Did I mention this all happened because Maggie refused to bring in her water bottle from the bottom step? I know it's not her fault, but I'm still ticked off that it wouldn't have happened if she had brought that water bottle in. And then I wouldn't be stuck on the couch instead of playing with her.

I know... woe is me...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How can your little boy be 3 1/2 weeks old already?!?

So sorry to hear about your foot!! And right at the start of summer. ((HUGS))